West Ealing Library was awarded community status in 2019 and is now managed by Ealing and Hounslow CVS on a volunteer basis, so far we have a team of over 20 volunteers who are working hard to keep the library running on a day-to-day basis.
We began a phased opening to the general public on the 20th July 2021 and are now expanding the libraries activities. Some of the activities we run include: weekly storytimes for under 5s, hosting a fortnightly knitting club, Digital Champion support twice a week for the digitally excluded and the Ealing and Hounslow Volunteer Centre.
As a community managed library, our services are slightly different to the previous offering with Ealing Council, however, with your same library card as before, at West Ealing Community Library you can:
- Access our free Wi-Fi and use our computers
- Check out, return and renew your books
- Come in and enjoy a book with your children in our dedicated Children’s Corner
- Browse our great selection of books
- Book our space for your community event (for more details email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Or just come in for a warm welcome and pleasant chat with one of our lovely volunteers!